Have you ever tried to learn a language with flashcards?
Some people swear by them, others don’t even bother trying out flashcard apps like Anki. (Btw; if you don’t know what flashcards are, click here and I’ll explain how it works).
The thing is that if you want to make studying with flashcards worthwhile, you need to keep a few things into account.
We found that flashcard apps like Anki are only useful if:
1. You study important words and phrases that are relevant to you. Relevant words are easier to remember and more useful in conversations.
2. Your flashcards include example sentences + audio. The more associations we have with a word, the easier it is to remember.
3. You know how to create flashcard decks which meet these two requirements.
But here are the problems:
1. It’s hard to find existing flashcard decks that teach the words and phrases that are relevant to you.
2. Many existing flashcard decks don’t include example sentences and audio.
3. Creating your own decks with the vocabulary that you want to learn, the new words from your lessons for example, is tricky. Let alone adding example sentences, and audio.
We’ve tried it ourselves, it’s super time consuming…
About 6 months ago I, Lucas and our friend Sebastien who teaches French, were drinking a glass of wine together somewhere in Serbia. That evening we had a long discussion about this problem.
After the 3rd glass of wine we started writing things on paper, and now, half a year later we’re proud to announce that it’s finally possible to…
Create your own Anki flashcard decks in one single click !!!
– With the words and phrases you’ve collected during your lessons
– With example sentences
– Your flashcards automatically includes audio
Create your account for FREE!